Geraldine Claire Therapy
My career in mental health began in 2002 when I started working with young people and adults with mild to enduring mental health difficulties and this is where my love of working with people began.
Psychotherapy became my passion and I undertook training in four psychotherapies: Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Schema Therapy.
These varied approaches allow me to treat common mental health problems such as anxiety difficulties or low mood, or, deeper rooted issues stemming from childhood.
There are also specific areas that I have a special interest in working with:
- Self Esteem Difficulties, Eating Disorders and Body Image Problems
- Complex Trauma
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Repeated Toxic Relationship Patterns
Over the last 18 years I have worked within the third sector, the NHS and the private sector. In addition to providing psychotherapy, I have delivered mental health awareness training to a wide range of professionals, advised television shows on mental health specific storylines and I supervise and train other psychotherapists.
Qualifications, Training and Continued Professional Development
- Health BA (hons) - John Moore’s University
- Transactional Analysis Advanced Clinical Psychotherapy Training Level 7 - South Manchester Therapy for Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Manchester University
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy - 3 day Skills Training for Groups - British Isles DBT Training
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy - 5 day Foundations training for working with groups and individuals- British Isles DBT Training
- Compassionate Focussed Therapy for Shame - 2 day workshop - Mary Welford
- Schema Therapy - Working With Complex Presentations Including Borderline Personality Disorder - 3 days training - Schema Therapy Workshops
- Schema Therapy - Beyond the Basics, working with Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder - 3 days training - Schema Therapy Workshops
- Schema Therapy - Working with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder - 1 day training - Schema Therapy Workshops
- Treating Body Dysmorphic Disorder - 1 day workshop - David Veale for BABCP
- Using CBT-ED to treat Eating Disorders - 1 day workshop - Glenn Waller for BABCP
- CBT for Binge Eating - 1 day workshop - Glenn Waller for BABCP
- CBT for Multiple Trauma - Martina Mueller for BABCP
- Schema Therapy for Eating Disorders - 8 week course - Schema Therapy Scotland
Currently, I run my own private psychotherapy practice in Wilmslow, Cheshire, working with Adults, Adolescents and Children.
Therapy is gently turning towards your own suffering with intention and compassion; it is about growth and recognising your own potential. My aim is to provide my clients with the best therapeutic interventions that are specifically tailored to provide relief and long term change.
Make An Appointment Today
Face to face appointments available in the Stockport area. I also offer secure safe online video appointments available.